Monday, June 28, 2010

Two Weeks Notice

Today I gave my two weeks notice at one of my jobs. It was hard, but things around here need to change and we hope this is the way to do it. Since I've had Keaton I have only been working 15-20 hours a week there, but it seems like I am always worried about work or having to run in for a meeting or an admit and then Gary is home and can't get to work.
So, I quit and we'll get Gary to work and growing his business! Because that is our goal, not me working and him taking care of the kids.
I am looking forward to being home more and actually getting to play with the kids this summer. We have not been to the park, the pool or really up to anything fun (except this weekend! I'll post pictures soon) the whole summer.
I have been wondering about it for a while; and then Thursday it just seemed right and Friday everything worked out perfectly, Saturday I had so much fun just being with the kids I got excited and Sunday while praying about it- I felt great. Today I went to tell my director and it went okay. But tonight I am hoping that I didn't just make things really tough around here. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

4 comments:

Rach said...

Yay! for you. I know things will work out for you. You're doing what is best for your family! Thanks again for having the kids for the weekend, they haven't stopped talking about it ;)

kristi and family said...

you deserve it... no job outside the home.. plus, that is a righteos desire... you are for sure going to heaven... come visit me... love ya

Our Ohana said...

That's a brave step! If it feels right, then just go with it. Only you and Gary can say what is the right way to do things in your family, and any help we get from the spirit to help guide us is a blessing! I'm sure he was a wonderful stay-at-home dad whenever he needed to be, and I'm sure you're going to love the extra time with your kids too! Wish I was there to help and let our kids play together!

Woodward Family said...

I'm going to miss you, Becky! Thank you so much for all of your help since you've been back! We'll get by...though it will be more crazy! Family is more important though. I'm hoping in a year or so I can make that step too!